(Photo: Anglican Overseas Aid/Iuma Bani)
Chris Piper, the TorqAid CEO, is both an experienced global humanitarian practitioner, as well as qualified and practising teacher, trainer and adult educator. He has facilitated over 110 accredited Participatory Disaster Risk Management (PDRM) and Participatory Project Management (PPM) workshops across Australia and overseas since 2002, and managed the online, accredited, PDRM program since 2016. The PDRM currently comprises eleven topics, which are highlighted elsewhere on this page.
HUMANITARIAN TRAINING 2023
The 2023 humanitarian training program has now been completed. This consists of the online, accredited, PDRM program, which can be taught in both workshop and online formats to clients. A separate online program will also run from August through to October 2023, with Zoom teaching sessions held on Wednesday evenings Melbourne time. The online PDRM brochure and assessment details are given below.
PDRM Workshop & Online Topics
The eleven topics covered in the 2023 PDRM workshop and online course are the following.
- TC01: Key Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Diagrams & Issues
- TC02: Global Natural Disaster Trends & Examples
- TC03: Humanitarian Attributes & Competencies
- TC04: Humanitarian Standards & Codes of Conduct
- TC05: Risk Management
- TC06: Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) Initiatives
- TC00: Participatory Project Management (PPM)
- TC07: Complex Emergencies/Crises & Ukraine Case Study
- TC08: Complex Emergencies/Crises in the Horn of Africa
- TC09: DRM & the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- TC10: DRM & Climate Change
Participatory Disaster Risk Management (PDRM) Workshops
Since 2002, over 40 Participatory Disaster Risk Management (PDRM) workshops have been facilitated across Australia, and overseas. The latter locations have included Vanuatu, PNG, Indonesia, Singapore, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, the UK, Madagascar and South Africa. TorqAid can be contracted by clients to implement and facilitate customised PDRM workshops across Australia and overseas.
Click here to download a course description [ddownload 2023-pdrm-training
Since 2002, 70 Participatory Project Management (PPM) workshops have been facilitated across Australia and overseas. The work in Australia has included interaction with Development Practitioners working with Aboriginal Communities across remote Australia. The overseas locations have included Fiji, PNG, Indonesia, Singapore, Afghanistan and Albania.