Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Chris / others,

Working through the notes and I just wanted to check in regarding the 8 basic needs that tend to occur in all major potential disasters. Is there a definitive 8 basic needs or is this just the obvious e.g. water, health, food & nutrition, shelter, psychosocial etc? OR is it the information on the DRMC diagram e.g. restoration of built environment, restoration of the economic environment etc etc.

Thanks,
    Cat

Keymaster

Hi Catharine, Apologies for the delay in answering this..I was actually thinking of the following:
    – Safety/security
    – Housing
    – Health
    – WASH
    – Food
    – Education
    – livelihoods
    – Hope

Initiatives such as coordination, communications and logistics make all these things happen. .

Have just realised this was a bit of an open-ended question, so probably not ideal for this context.

Keymaster

Hi Catharine, Apologies for the delay in answering this..I was actually thinking of the following:
    – Safety/security
    – Housing
    – Health
    – WASH
    – Food
    – Education
    – livelihoods
    – Hope

Initiatives such as coordination, communications and logistics make all these things happen. .

Have just realised this was a bit of an open-ended question, so probably not ideal for this context.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.