Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Mila and I am a Regional DRR Programme Officer with the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. I am currently based at the Humanitarian Aid Hub in Bangkok, covering Southeast Asia and the Pacific. In addition to DRM, I also have a background in Climate Science and have prior work experience in community-based and ecosystem-based DRR/Climate Change Adaptation with UNEP and the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
As a strong believer of continuous professional development, I am taking this course to reinforce fundamental DRM/CCA notions and understanding of international frameworks in light of current disasters (e.g. Australian bushfire, COVID-19) and complex emergencies, while gaining practical knowledge of participatory tools and methods, the Project Design Document, and the ISO 31000 risk management process. The proposed course modules are highly relevant to my responsibilities, namely in programme management, DRM/CCA mainstreaming and supporting regional policy dialogue. I am grateful to be hear and look forward to working and getting to know all of you.